- 1-2 Days Before Appointment
- Day of Appointment
- After Appoinment
1-2 Days Before Appointment
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Using an exfoliating glove or mitt, scrub your entire body head to toe. Pay special attention to dry areas like feet, knees, elbows, neck, underarms and back of arms. Avoid any oil-based exfoliators. We LOVE our EXFOLIATE mitts available at all goGLOW locations and in our online shop.
- Shave or wax at least 8 hours before appointment.
- Discontinue the use of any bar soaps, DOVE or DIAL products. These will disrupt the pH balance of your skin and result in an uneven tan, patchiness and sometimes orange results.
- Make sure all manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials and massages are done at least the day before your goGLOW appointment. The oils used during these services will create a barrier between your skin and the goGLOW application, and will result in an uneven goGLOW.
Day of Appointment
- Pack appropriate clothing! If it’s raining or elements are wet, make sure you have proper attire that covers you from head to toe. You don’t want one drop of rain or snow hitting your new GLOW. You will need to put on loose, dark cotton clothing after your glow – aka NO DENIM, tight waist bands, etc.
- Take a shower – but just a warm water rinse. Any soaps, shampoos or conditioners that get on your skin the day of your tan may leave a residue and impede the sunless tanning process. Make sure not to use any “moisturizing soaps” – these will leave a film on your skin that will result in a blotchy tan. Stay far away from Dove, Dial, Ivory and similar products!
- Skip the lotions, oils, perfume and deodorant OR plan on using an exfoliating mitt ($5) to take this all off!
- WOMEN – Plan on wearing dark colored underwear or swimsuit bottoms. This will be your tan line. We have a female-only, professional and discreet staff, so you may wear whatever you’d like during your session. Women are welcome to be nude, however, we require a discreet sticker to be placed on an area of your choice to visibly see the depth of goGLOW and how it is maintained.
MEN – plan on wearing dark boxers or undergarments. We require male clients to wear bottoms. *We have disposable spa undergarments available upon request.
- Change into a loose fitting top and bottom, no bras or tight clothing. Sweatpants, robes, pajamas, flip flops and/or loose t-shirts are best! Avoid tight clothing or clothing that allows your skin to touch skin. This will result in double processing of the goGLOW.
- Leave solution on your skin for 12 hours unless instructed otherwise by your goGLOW specialist. CLEANSE + HYDRATE anytime after 24 hours.
- Rapid rinse solution must be rinsed off at the time your specialist suggests.
- In the first warm water rinse, completely remove all cosmetic bronzers with water and hands only. Make sure the water rinses clear.
- Do not use any products on your skin for 24 hours after your tan. All goGLOW solutions will reach final development at 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, keep your skin hydrated and moisturized daily with HYDRATE. Stay away from mineral oil, AHAs, petroleum, ethanol, exfoliating and alcohol based products as these will strip your tan faster. Your goGLOW specialist will have a variety of safe, non-toxic products to preserve your goGLOW tan and promote healthy and hydrated skin, to keep your tan lasting!
- Avoid over showering, long hot showers and baths, loofahs and exfoliants of any kind for 5-7 days. Keep in mind, the act of soaking and scrubbing during any nail treatments will remove the tan on the legs and feet.
- Apply sunscreen, safe sun care is a must!