Here we will share some insider secrets to make your goGLOW experience even more flawless (is that even possible?). Follow these steps to be perfectly prepared!
A goGLOW spray tan is a the fastest and easiest way to boost your confidence, and the best way to look healthy and glowing for all life’s important moments. From simply enjoying a sunny day on a rooftop patio to your wedding day, a goGLOW tan is the perfect addition to your beauty regimen.
You’re thinking about booking a spray tan.
It is the week of your goGLOW spray tan.
- Check out our Instagram page (@go_glow) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/goglowgo) to see REAL clients in REAL goglow tans! We post specials and deals for our social media followers, so like and follow us!
- Read all the reviews you’d care to read – Yelp, Genbook and our website’s testimonials. The more you read up, the more you know what to expect when it comes to your custom spray tan appointment!
- Think about the event you are choosing to tan for. For vacations we suggest scheduling your goGLOW appointment as close to your departure date as possible, so your tan is fresh for your trip! For proms, galas and weddings we suggest getting GLOWed 2-3 days prior so the initial bronzers are fully rinsed off and you’re ready to sweat, dance and party!
- We get this question a lot – do you need more than one session for a dark spray tan? The answer is no! Just one appointment will give you gorgeous color for 5-8 days.
It is the day of your spray tan!
- Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate 24 – 48 hours before appointment! We are obsessing over our Dermasuri Deep Exfoliating Mitts ($20), but a good scrub with a loofah and/or washcloth and exfoliator will do the trick. Hint: try a sulfate free exfoliator so you don’t risk any residue on your skin! SKIP the oil based exfoliators – these can leave an oily residue on your skin for days, and impede the sunless tanning process.
- Drink lots of water! Hydrated skin holds and retains a sunless tan better.
- Make sure any facials, massages, manicures or pedicures with oils are scheduled ahead of time. If you can, skip the oil rub down.
- Wax or shave any unwanted hair at least 24 hours before your goGLOW appointment. This is so the solution does not fall into any open pores and appear darker.
You just had your goGLOW session. What now?
- Pack appropriate clothes. If its raining and you are coming to visit us at one of our locations, make sure you have proper rain attire that covers you from head to toe. You don’t want one drop of rain hitting your new GLOW. You will need to put on loose, dark cotton clothing after your glow – aka NO DENIM, tight waist bands, etc. Booked a mobile service? Lucky! We will come to you without the hassle of traffic or weather ruining your tan!
- Take a shower – but just a warm water rinse. Any soaps, shampoos or conditioners that get on your skin the day of your tan may leave a residue and impede the sunless tanning process.
- Skip the lotions, oils, perfume and deodorant when you leave the house, OR plan on using an exfoliating mitt ($5) to take this all off.
- Women; plan on wearing dark colored underwear or swimsuit bottoms. This will be your tan line. We have a female-only professional and discreet staff, so you may wear whatever you’d like during your session. Men; we require you to wear bottoms. Dark colored boxers or briefs are best! *We have disposable spa undergarments available upon request.
- We customize each clients individual spray tan for their skin type. No light, medium or dark here!
- Get ready to be sprayed by the country’s elite tanning team for the best spray tan you’ve ever had. The actual spray just takes 3-5 minutes!
Time to shower.
- You may now put on a small amount of deodorant! Yay!
- Avoid scrubbing the tops of your hands vigorously with any soaps. When washing hands, soap your palms and gently rinse.
- Keep your skin free from sweating, all water-based and oil-based products until after your warm water rinse (usually 16-24 hours post goGLOW).
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing until you rinse off.
- Go out! Show off that gorgeous bronze! I dare you to stop looking in the mirror. Many clients tell us that other spray tan solutions make them want to stay at home and hide because they look “oompa loompa” until after they shower! goGLOW tans have the opposite effect. The bronzers in our solution react with your skins chemistry to create a gorgeous brown color which rinses off in the first shower. You will want to be seen!
Keep that Glow!
- For your first shower, we recommend just a warm water rinse. This means no soaps! To dry, pat your skin lightly with a towel.
- Avoid over showering, long hot showers and baths, loofahs and exfoliants of any kind for 5-7 days.
- Get clean with a gentle, sulfate-free soap-free body cleanser to avoid stripping your tan. Maintaining pH balanced skin will leave you with a gorgeous brown (never orange!) color as well as many other benefits. Soaps that are too alkaline break up your skin’s oil and acid layer, leaving your skin prone to dryness, inflammation and can speed up the signs of aging.**Our body cleanser is pH balanced!
- Apply moisturizers twice daily. Avoid the following ingredients – alpha hydroxy acids, ethanol, petroleum, petrolatum, mineral oils and parabens. These products promote your skin’s natural exfoliation, dry skin and strip your skin of its gorgeous glow. They can also cause a blotchy fade and dry patches. No thank you!
- Apply sunscreen. Safe suncare is as equally important to us. Ask your goGLOW specialist about Coola’s line of spray-tan compatible sunscreens.
- Enjoy your goGLOW! Show off your gorgeous, natural looking tan!